MEASURING UP FOR DELIVERY
When buying large items of furniture, it is most important to make sure it will fit through the property access and into the intended space in your room. Make sure there is enough height, width and diagonal depth to accommodate your furniture's entry and that there's plenty of room to maneuver around corners and through doors.
STEPS TO ENSURE A PROBLEM FREE DELIVERY
Before ordering, please check carefully that the products you have ordered will fit into the intended space in your home. It is extremely important that customers advise us of any potential delivery difficulties or obstacles. It is important to ensure it can fit through all the entryways, elevators and stairways of your home. Follow these steps to ensure efficient delivery and avoid returns. Charges will apply for redelivery caused by failed delivery or cancellation.
Here are some important tips you need to consider before ordering your furniture:
Determine the best pathway from outside your home to the room where the new item will be placed.
- Make sure all access points are unobstructed and wide enough for the desired item.
- Measure the heights and widths of all entryways, including all stairways and hallways, both inside and outside your home (see 1).
- Measure the interior widths, depths and heights of all elevator doors to be used for delivery.
- Measure your entry clearance – the distance from the wall through the doorway to the opposite wall (see 2).
- Factor in all corners, ceiling height, stairways (heights, widths, angles, bannisters), and low hanging fixtures. Also account for any architectural details (see 3).
- To ensure successful delivery, the item’s minimum clearance must not exceed the height or width of any of the entryways (elevators and stairways included) to be used for delivery.
- Note that the furniture measurements we provide reflect overall dimensions, and over.
- For larger sofas you will also need to check there is enough space to turn the furniture.
- Are there any internal obstacles –wall lights, low hanging lights, framed prints on wall, low ceilings, beams? Have you considered them?
IMPORTANT: This is only a guide and does not guarantee your furniture purchase will fit. Also our delivery personnel are not equipped to remove doors and windows to effect access or even open the crates. If doors, windows or stair banisters need to be removed in order for the furniture to fit, you will need to arrange this on your own.
MEASURE THE SPACE WHERE THE FURNITURE WILL SIT
Check that the furniture will fit the space in the room where it will sit. The dimensions of each piece of furniture can be found on our website and the product pages. If you need any additional dimensions, please feel free to contact our Customer care or email us.
Furniture can appear smaller in the online store than it actually is. The furniture will appear a lot bigger in your room. The easiest way to check the amount of floor space a piece of furniture will take up is by marking the area out on the floor where the furniture will sit. This can be done by either using masking tape or a newspaper template. When ordering a recliner armchair or sofa bed check there is enough space in the room for the chair or bed when fully extended.
DELIVERY OF YOUR FURNITURE
- We delivers its products to most places in India and can arrange shipment outside of India on a case-by-case basis.
- Delivery prices can vary at the discretion of uandifurniture.com and based on geographical area.
- Extra charges can be added for very remote or difficult to access places.
- Delivery lead time will vary depending on the products ordered. The delivery lead time could vary from 30-45 days on an average.
- The timeframe stipulated is an average estimation, and some deliveries could take longer, or alternatively could be delivered in a shorter lead time.
- All delivery estimates given at the time of placing and confirming order are subject to change. We will do our best to contact you and advise you of any changes to estimated delivery time.
- We shall choose carriers and delivery services according to the item’s weight, size and quantity to deliver your order.
- We always considers the best value option for delivery based upon the combined item/s weight, size and quantity.
- All orders are despatched via reputable carriers through their ‘recorded signed for’ delivery method.
- A signature will be required on delivery of the goods. Receipt of a signature at the delivery address will act as proof of delivery.
- We shall deliver your order to the address specified by you at the time of finalizing the order
- The product charge includes no allowance for the removal of doors, windows or other fixtures. Ordered items must fit in the stairwells of your home to be delivered. This is the responsibility of the customer to ensure.
- Kindly check the product thoroughly when it is delivered to you. It is your right and responsibility to check that your delivered products have arrived in perfect condition, before signing the delivery form and thus accepting the delivery.
- In case, you receive a damaged product, please bring it to the notice of the delivery personnel immediately. Our team will take corrective measure to solve the problem.
IF YOU ARE NOT HOME AND THE PACKAGE ARRIVES
Typically you will get a call from the Courier Company/ Logistics partner confirming the tentative date and the time of delivery. However, as we do not have any direct control over the courier partners/ logistics partner , we cannot guarantee that they will act only in certain manner or will necessarily call before getting your order for delivery. We also request you to give correct address and phone no. details at the time of placing the order. If you are planning to travel and you will be unavailable on the contact number given earlier, please inform us in advance so that we can plan the shipping and delivery as per your convenience.